Home
Our History
Directions
What's Happening At "LRC"
Pastor Brandon L. Mason
Tithes-Offering-Donations
Primitive Baptist Covenant
LRC UStream Live Video Broadcast
LRC Videos On You Tube
Suggested Readings
Church Hymn's
Emergency Numbers
Announcement Form

Locust Ridge Primitive Baptist Church - Past, Present and Future

The Past - Forget None of His Benefits.  We look back to see all of God's benefits to us and to be encouraged by what God has already done for us.

 

In 1871 W. F. Covington sold to Trustees Abraham Demonbruen, William Lampkin, Isaac Tucker, John Henry Starnes, Henry Covington and Simon Crowder a parcel of land 69 square yards for one dollar to build a colored church and school.  This parcel is located on the hill where the Locust Ridge Cemetery is presently located.  In 1885, Locust Ridge Primitive Baptist Church was organized.  Elder Peter Starnes was the founder and Pastor.  Locust Ridge joined the Lynn Creek Primitive Baptist Association.  The original church was destroyed by fire.  Church was held in the school after the fire. 

 

On October 23, 1926 Bryce Starnes sold to Trustees Monroe Johnson, Will Claybrooks and Mack Starnes one acre of land for $34.50.  A 20X30 building was erected on the site at 6490 Arno-College Grove Road, College Grove, Tennessee.  Through the years, there have been seven pastors and two acting pastors.

  • Peter Starnes
  • George Beaver
  • Andrew Rivers - Acting Pastor
  • Andrew Watson
  • Allen Winstead
  • Walter Amos
  • Walter Rodgers - Acting Pastor
  • Marvin P. Hatcher, Jr.
  • Jasper G. Hatcher, Sr.
  • Brandon L. Mason

 

Over the years God has led the Locust Ridge Primitive Baptist Church to organize several boards, auxiliaries and ministries.

 

Under the leadership of Elder Marvin P. Hatcher, Jr., in 1975 the church was remodeled and the cornerstone laid.  In 1976, Locust Ridge joined the Cumberland Association of Primitive Baptists.

 

In 1978, Elder Jasper G. Hatcher, Sr. became pastor.  Under his great leadership and guidance, God enabled us to make our surrounding more pleasant to better serve Him.  God blessed our church with a multitude of improvements and accomplishments with the church still moving on to a higher spiritual height. 

 

In the year 2000, Pastor Jasper G. Hatcher, Sr. revealed to Locust Ridge his Vision from the Lord to build a new sanctuary.  A Kingdom Building Committee was established and members appointed by Pastor Hatcher. In 2004, we purchased one acre of land adjacent to the church. We also purchased 10 acres of land located at 4991 Murfreesboro Road, Arrington Tennessee in Williamson County. 

 

On the 5th Sunday in May, 2005 a groundbreaking ceremony was held at the future site of the Locust Ridge Primitive Baptist Church.  The church located at 6490 Arno-College Grove Road, College Grove, Tennessee was sold.  Our last service at that location was held on the 4th Sunday in September 2005.  Our Church Sunday School, Morning Worship Service and Communion and Feet Washing services began at the College Grove Community Center with prayer meeting and bible study, choir rehearsals, business meeting, baptisms and funerals held at our sister churches.  We thank God for our sister churches.

 

On July 10, 2008 the Williamson County Planning Commission approved construction documents and drawings by TLP Architects for our new church edifice. On August 27, 2008 Pastor Jasper Hatcher, Trustees John Dodson, Sandra Hunt and Thomas Jarrett signed the construction contract with Baron and Dowdle Construction Company.

On October 1, 2008 Pastor Jasper Hatcher, Trustees Ronnie Brown, John Dodson, Sandra Hunt, Thomas Jarrett, Andrew Jones, Yvonne Scott and Clarence Smithson signed loan documents with Pinnacle Bank and construction began on October 2, 2008.

 

On November 4, 2008 Barack Obama (An African American) was elected to become the 44th President of the United States of America.

 

In May, 2009 Minister Brandon L. Mason was appointed as Youth Minister. 

 

On the 5th Sunday in November, 2009 we held our last service at the College Grove Auditorium.  We thank God for another blessing.

 

On December 3, 2009 construction was completed. On December 6, 2009 our first worship service was held in our new edifice. On December 9, 2009 we began our dedication celebration.

 

On December 13, 2009 we celebrated our official opening and dedicatory ceremony.

 

 

The Present - We've come this far by faith.  The Lord has brought spiritual growth to us as individuals and as a congregation of believers. We shall never forget the failures that brought humility and the spiritual victories that drew us nearer to God.

 

On May 14, 2011 Elder Brandon Mason was appointed Assistant Pastor.

 

On the 1st Sunday in July 2011, Pastor Jasper Hatcher announced his retirement after 33 years of hard work and dedicated service to the Locust Ridge Church.

 

On October 2, 2011 the church cornerstone was laid.

 

On the 1st Sunday in October 2011, Elder Jasper Hatcher preached his last sermon as Pastor

 

On October 8, 2011, Elder Brandon Mason was elected the Pastor and the Installation Services were held on the 5th Sunday in October, 2011. Since the commencement of his pastorate, “The Ridge” has experienced explosive growth, spiritually and numerically. Over ten ministries have been added, totaling over 20 ministry opportunities at the Locust Ridge Church.

The Future - The Best is yet to come

 

 "...as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."  1 Corinthians 2:9

 

To God be the Glory!

Please Sign Our Guest Book Below

  

Contact Us:

4991 Murfreesboro Road

Arrington, TN 37014 (Franklin-Williamson County Area)

Phone: 615-395-9285

Fax: 615-395-9288

Church Email: locustridgepbc@att.net

Secretary Email (Alfreda Smithson): alfredasmithson1@gmail.com

Web Master Email (Deacon Andrew Jones): ajones670@comcast.net